- This book is about learning to use off-camera flash easily and quickly so that you can create beautiful, natural-looking light in any situation, at any time you need it…regardless of the weather or time of day.
The book is divided into three parts. Part One covers the fundamentals of off-camera flash, and it does so without blasting you with a fire hose of information. Instead, Vanessa gives you the basics you need so that you can start shooting right away without becoming overwhelmed with technical jargon.
Once you’re set up and ready to go, Vanessa jumps right into Part Two with specific photo scenarios and real-world situations where you’ll learn key techniques for using your flash to create consistent, beautiful photographs. For each scenario, Vanessa provides the goal for the shoot, a gear list, the step-by-step shooting instructions, and images that show both the progress of the shoot and the behind-the-scenes shots or lighting diagrams of the setup. She also discusses problems you may encounter, variations on the shot, and additional practical scenarios for each situation.
Just a few examples include:
• Recreating the golden hour at any time
• Shooting groups
• Making indoors look like outdoors
• Using flash at event
• Working in harsh sunlight
• Creating silhouettes
• Shooting at sunset
• Fixing an ugly-light room
• And much more